top of page

Gruppo

Pubblico·83 membri
Dirk Jamaal
Dirk Jamaal

Where To Buy Bells Beer

The move will ultimately combine Bell's, the 16th-largest overall brewer in America by sales volume in 2020, and New Belgium, the 11th-largest, into a "new American craft beer leader," though both will retain their brands and beers.

where to buy bells beer

While the leadership team at Bell's will not change and neither will day-to-day operations at its Comstock-based facility and Kalamazoo-based Eccentric Café and Shop, the craft brewing titan will move forward without Bell, the pioneer of craft beer in Michigan and as influential a figure as any in what has blossomed into one of America's richest beer states, with more than 400 operating breweries. He announced his retirement at the company's annual all-employee event and said he plans to stay active in the Kalamazoo community.

"I first incorporated the company when I was 25 in 1983," Bell, 63, told the Free Press, referring to what was originally The Kalamazoo Brewing Company Inc., a homebrewing supply store that began selling its own beer two years later. "I've been CEO of the company for 38 years. That's a long time. It's a great career.

New Belgium was founded in 1991 by Kim Jordan and Jeff Lebesch in Fort Collins, Colorado, and expanded to Asheville, North Carolina, in 2016, Denver in 2018 and San Francisco in 2020. Its beer can be found in all 50 states; it's best known for its Fat Tire amber ale and Voodoo Ranger IPA. It staffs roughly 700 employees.

Bell said the sale will not change the way these beers, or others, will be brewed or housed. And other company initiatives, such as 100% carbon neutrality by 2023, $1-per-barrel philanthropy and a 100% score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index, will remain intact, as well as the company's support of events such as Kalamazoo Pride.

Since its founding, Bell's held the distinction as Michigan's largest brewer by volume of beer until 2018, when it was surpassed by Founders Brewing Co. in Grand Rapids. Founders, long considered Bell's counterpart as a Michigan craft brewing giant, sold a 90% majority stake to Spanish company Mahou San Miguel in 2019. Both moves mean Holland-based New